Monday, 19 October 2015

Happy but Exausted!

What a trip!
On this last Saturday, I spent over 15 hours driving. I only managed to corral 2 of the 3 cats. Jo Jo is an incredible escape artist! She leaped - from the back of the car, over my head, onto my back and headed for the hills, when I opened the door--6 inches--to put Kozmo in. This means I head back to Midway again this coming weekend, as the Daddy goes into the hospital Tuesday. Our neighbor will feed her until Saturday.

When I got back to the apartment at 8 pm Saturday evening, I was a vibrating noodle. It took 6 trips to unload the car. Then I had to take Cinnamon for a walk. She thought the drive was a really nice rest...Nellie was in a totally foul mood and stomped around the apartment Merrowwing. Everytime she looked at me, she hissed and scratched!
Kozmo managed to crawl under the sofa. I don't know how he did it, I had to LIFT the sofa to get him out. I collapsed into bed around 9:30 only to be woken up with a dog tongue up my nose (she had to go) at 12 midnight and then again at 3:30am. (I think it was all the strange noises).
Will you throw that ball, or are you just going to take pictures?

Between the trips to the elevator and outside with Cinnamon, Kozmo talked up a storm, walked all over me and knocked everything off of every surface in the apartment! I am sure he has been taking Hellery Lessons from Nellie...she used to do that.
I did NOT learn anything from Nellie!!! I am a HELLION in my own right!!!
 Cinnie finally dragged me out of bed for a morning walk at 7. After we got back, I drove to Walmart for the essentials...Dog treats and Kitty Litter. (Damn, I forgot the lint roller...the trip has made them all shed!)
I spent the rest of Sunday putting together a couple of chairs and trying to get some rest. Every time I would start to drift, one or the other would demand attention. I finally gave up, took Cinny out and played ball with her until she laid on the ground panting, we then came in and crashed...until midnight--when once again I had a dog tongue up my nose (where did she pick up THAT trick) and slept until the alarm went of at 6 am.
After a great half hour walk, I headed to work and Cinnie went back to bed. At lunch I came back and played ball with her for 20 minutes and then took her for a walk when I got home from work.
We had company tonight. My Sister and Brother-in-Law came over to meet the kids. Nellie fawned over my sister and Cinnie captivated my Brother-in-Law. Kozmo came out when we sat down to supper and tried to join us at the table.
Is mesnot the most beautiful and fragile cat you've ever seen?
And for all yous handsome man cats (yous knows whos yous is...)...mes MISSED YOUS and will bes by with Nellie Kisses 
I am tired, but happy and even though I might complain about going to Midway to pick up the "wild child", I will be much happier when they are all under my roof.

I wish Daddy all the best and hope he gets well quickly!

30 comments:

  1. We'll be glad when you are all under one roof again, too!
    Have a great week and have safe travels to Midway - again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wes so happy to be here. Jo Jo is probably enjoying her time. She loved it when she stayed there last summer and we went to Calgary! Mommy is worried about her though and would goes and gets her now if she could.
      Kisses
      Nellie

      Delete
  2. Oh you poor thing! Wish I was closer so I could've helped. Glad you've got most. Miss Jojo will come round. They are probably all rather confused too. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pets are actually enjoying it here. Kozmo is a little miffed that he has no yard to roam around it, Cinnamon quite likes her walks along the dyke and she is getting used to going up and down in the elevator. Nellie is the happiest cat on the planet. her eye has cleared quite a bit up since yesterday (she had a herpes flare up as she was stressed) and she is happy to be sleeping in her favorite spot (cuddle up against my chest) this is the longest she and I have been apart since she came to live with us and she has not been taking it well. I am hoping Daddy will let her stay. with me.
      Barb

      Delete
  3. Oh you poor thing! Wish I was closer so I could've helped. Glad you've got most. Miss Jojo will come round. They are probably all rather confused too. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVED seeing all of "yous" again (except for naughty JoJo). Nellie, we missed you LOTS. Kozmo, you're a wild boy! And Tommy sends special woofs to Cinnie.

    Purrs and Woofs,
    The Chans and Tommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon wants to invite Tommy for Elevator rides! (she is starting to love them)
      Barb

      Delete
  5. I cross my paws for your dad and I hope efurrything goes well on tuesday.... It's sometimes a challenge to find a minute to relax, hope the next night is a better one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nellie ! *waing both paws hysterical* So nice to see you !!
    Sure hope you catch the wildchild Jo-Jo and that efurrything goes well with your dad-person on tuesday and that he gets well quickly !

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlie (waves paws wildly)!!! Mes has some extra special Nellie kisses for you!!! We know Jo Jo is OK, and that she will be with us soon!
      Kisses
      Nellie

      Delete
  7. Mum is exhausted just reading about it all!!! Me? I'm just captivated by my sweet Nellie Belly xxxxxxx Hi Kozzie and Cinnie :) That JoJo is a caution!! It is great you have family nearby and we do hope daddy gets well soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Austin, mes thinking mes should comes and visits yous for some quality snuggle time, except mes is loving being with my Mommy. Mes has missed her terribly. Cinnamon is loving walking on the dyke and going in the ocean (she did that yesterday) and Kozmo is sulking that he has no yard to play in!
      Kisses Dearest Furrend
      Your Nellie bellie

      Delete
  8. We hope Dad is well soon guys and we are so happy to see you all there..you must be getting some great new sniffs and stuff :) Nellie you are of course divine and fragile but so sweet...now we are off to bed pooped from all the activity you have going on ! loves Fozziemum xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daddy will be in the hospital for at least 2 weeks and wes is enjoying our time with Mommy. Cinnamon has discovered she like elevators, Kozmo has discovered Sea Gulls and that they can land on our balcony on the 7th floor and that they are noisy!
      Me is just a happy cat to bes with Mommy.
      Kisses
      Nellie

      Delete
  9. Wow! That would have frazzled our meowmy to mush...Nellie, you need to tell your furblings to take it easy fur a bit at least, MOL!

    Cinnamon, you have a great grin:))
    Kozmo...OMC!

    Nellie, awww...we love you too!

    Hope your dad-peep will be fine soon.

    MIAOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mes has been sleeping lots and when it is night time, mes leaves my heated cubby to cuddles with my Mommy. Cinnamon LOVES the walks and the runs she is getting and Kozmo is miffed. He misses his yard.
      Sending yous all special Nellie kisses (and a Cinnamon kiss to Jack)
      Nellie

      Delete
  10. Wow! That was an epic trip and a brutally sleepless integration! We are thrilled that you are almost all together again. Levon says Jo-Jo better not give you the slip this weekend! What a wild thing :) We know you must be happy to have three of your "kids" home with you Barb!

    the critters in the cottage xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not looking forward to the trip again this coming weekend. I will be able to spend the night there so it won't be as rushed as it was last week end. I will be happyier when I have all 4!
      Barb

      Delete
  11. It’s wonderful to see pics of Nellie and Kozzie again so I can imagine how overjoyed you were to see them in the fur. Um, the slobbery sister too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overjoyed does not describe it. There was tears all around.

      Delete
  12. So glad most of your babies are with you again!! It's good to see Nellie and the rest of the fur children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't believe how wonderful it is to be with them again!
      I have missed them terribly!
      Barb

      Delete
  13. We're glad you're all together again...we know JoJo will be there soon too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping Jo Jo does not go too nuts cooped up in a 7th floor apartment. She HATES having to spend the night in the house!

      Delete
  14. OMC! What an exhausting journey for Mommy, but it is so wonderful that you are (almost) all together again. Nellie, Moosey was so excited to see a comment and kisses from you on our blog. We are so happy -- overjoyed, in fact -- to see you, Kozmo and Cinnamon again. We are sending purrs, prayers and love to you all, and for Mommy when she goes back to pick up Jo Jo.

    Love,

    us

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! Oh! Oh! My darling little Nellie, sweet Queen of my heart! I'm all pitty-pat with faintiness! I thought I might not see you again my darling!!! Hooray!!! And here you are! I will teleport over in a day or two when you is all settled with Mommy and Cinnamon and Kozmo. And gosh darn that Jo Jo who had to escape! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure they are SO excited to see you again and spend some time with you Bev. Too bad JoJo ran off before SHE could make the trip but hopefully this weekend? Big adjustment for them AND you too. Nellie.....what can I say other than I got leaky eyed just seeing her - she really does look very fragile bless her. Sammy sends his love to her as do I - but I also am sending it for the others AND for you..............I hope one day soon you can have them with you again and I hope your husband's surgery goes well.

    Hugs, Pam (and Sammy)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nellie.....My dearest Nellie!!!!Gosh I have missed you sweet girl!I'm so excited to see and hear from you and I can't wait to catch up dear Nellie Bellie.I shall hop on over to see you for cuddles and snuggles,love you,kisses from your Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMC it's so wonderful to see Nellie and Kozmo and Cinnamon!!! We love you all and we hope you get JoJo so you are all together soon. Purrs for a successful surgery.

    The Florida Furkids and Mom Sharon

    ReplyDelete